Wednesday, November 20, 2013

"I Am Your Peace" - Jesus. Help is on the way, but it may not be for a while, so I decided to go ahead and write at least some of what I was planning on writing today, even though it will all come out as a long title!! But for now, that's all I've got! So here goes: After we had been in Shell for about 6 years, Germán schocked me by telling me of a desire that was growing in his heart...one that would completely alter our future. At first it was too much to handle. I was in for a difficult several months as my inner self worried and wondered, "How can we possibly do that?" I really needed God to "whisper in my ear". (I wrote a song called "I Am Your Peace", which I was going to write out for you, but I'll have to leave it until I get this blog setup fixed. But I will give you the first verse: Whisper in my ear, "My peace I leave with you." Jesus, let me hear the words I need from You. While in this world, I can't escape its pain nor from its troubles run. But then You say, "Take heart! I am your peace. The world I've overcome".) What was Germán's vision for the future? We had worked for years as employees of HCJB. Now he wanted us to join the mission as career missionaries. For me, the "proper" response would be have been positive, because that's what would have been "correct". But it wasn't what was inside me. The problem wasn't missionary work, as we had been doing that for years, just not with the official status of "missionaries". My problem was with the whole idea of traveling around to churches and visiting people as we tried to raise our financial support. This was post-collapse, and I didn't think my health would stand up to it. More than that, all the preparation for presentations would have to be in English, which meant it would all fall on me! It seemed like too heavy a burden. In my next post (by which time I pray that my dashboard will be fixed!) I will give you all the words to the song "I Am Your Peace", and tell you how God eased us into our future, little by little. (Thanks for your patience! Please help me pray that I can get this setup fixed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment