Wednesday, February 26, 2014

"Still Waters Artist" - a poem for the storm

We WILL have hard times on this earth, that's guaranteed!  Jesus said, " In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world."  (John 16:33)



                                                   Still Waters Artist

                                                                                                                                           
   Jesus,

   When pain is a storm that my boat unmoors,
   You turn my eyes to still waters' shores.
   With artistic wisdom uniquely yours,
   You re-weave the peace that my soul restores,    

                          touching and teaching me through my tears,
                          lovingly lifting me from my fears
                          up toward the clearness of Son-lit spheres
                          where yours is the Music that my heart hears;          
                                              
               painting me portraits of divine Grace,
               setting each detail into its place,
               sculpting Eternity's Time and Space,
               which someday I'll share with You face-to-face.

The rage of the storm seems more faint and blurred
when all through your artwork your Voice is heard.
I watch and I listen, my senses stirred
by a Poem composed of the Perfect Word.

                    As power dances deftly at your command
                    and kindles the strength that I need to stand,
                    You draw me a map of your Father's Land,
                    where someday I'll walk with You, hand-in-hand.

                                   No, storms that unmoor can't compete with You.
                                   You hold me through all that the storms might do;
                                   You steady my hope, once more prove it's true
                                    that You love me far more than I ever knew!
                                                                                                               --Becky Rhon
             ********************************************************************

During the three years we spent in Dallas, attempting to raise enough support to be able to return to Quito as full-fledged members of HCJB, we went through some pretty rough times.    Many storms unmoored our boat. And He held us through them all!

If you are reading this and you feel like your boat is in a storm, take heart!  Jesus loves you far more than you'll ever know!

I'll continue our story next time.  God bless you and give you peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment