Wednesday, January 28, 2015

HE's the One who started the Fire!

Have you ever felt the frustration of not being able to do hardly anything? At knowing there is so much you need to get done...and there's simply no way you can manage it all?

This sickness I thought would be over in a few days is still refusing to depart, willingly or otherwise! I spent 10 days - ten days!! - in bed, and the last few days I've only been able to get up and do a few things in the morning, as long as I rest often; then in the afternoon I just crash for the rest of the day. It's been decades since it's taken so long to get over something.

Now...have you ever had a time when you felt like this in your walk with Jesus?  A time when your weakness simply won't let you do all the things you'd like to do for Him?

                           A WEE BIT OF KINDLING

                               Me:  For now, I can't gather                                    
                                       big logs for Your Fire,
                                       or pour fuel on Your flames,     
                                       so they're brighter and higher.

               In my weakness I bring You
               just some twigs...a prayer...a thought...
               such a wee bit of kindling,
               but it's all that I've got.

                     God:  Just your wee bit of kindling
                              is all that I need.
                              Does the force of My Fire
                              come from you...or from Me?

                             When the logs are too heavy
                              to be lifted or rolled,
                              when you can't bring Me wood,
                              tend My hearth - feed my coals;

                              take your wee bit of kindling
                              (it's all that I need);
                              o'er the heat of the coals
                              lay your twigs - let them bleed!

                                              Then stand back and watch
                                              what that does to My Flame.
                                              Hear the sizzling whispers
                                              that shout out My Name!

                                              'Tis a glorious blaze,
                                               leaping high, leaping free!
                                               Stay and watch it, My Child,
                                               watch My Fire, and you'll see

                            that your weakness won't limit
                            My Word or My Deed.
                           Your wee bit of kindling
                            is all that I need.
                                          **********************************(Becky Rhon)****

 He knows!  He understands.  He is not limited by our weakness. You know, He definitely wants us to contribute to his Fire...but the Fire itself depends on Him, not on us! After all, HE started it, laying on it the most important "firewood" of all:


                                 ****************************************************

(I would add that "not being able to" do things for Him is NOT the same as "not wanting to"!  We can't use this as an excuse or "justification" for idleness. When we do that, God will go on without us...but WE will lose out on the blessings and growth that come from taking part of His Work on earth.)
                      *********************************

May each one of you have a wonderful week, full of God's peace and healing!


No comments:

Post a Comment