Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Battles on the Bridge (a poem)



My husband and I are going through days in which we need the encouragement of this timely reminder.  It's not always easy.  But there's always HOPE when we hold His hand.   







                                      Battles on the Bridge
               
               Eternity's spotlight o'er Golgotha's ridge
               highlights Calvary's Carpenter's blood-carven bridge,

               one-and-only true access to God.  Mark it well.
              There's no other escape route from Lucifer's hell,

              so he hovers, and hassles and harries the one
              who determines to walk o'er the bridge toward the Son.

              On this bridge, oft my struggles keep feet from firm ground,
              but unbreakable guardrails protect all around.

              The path can get slippery and strewn with debris,
              but my sure-footed Savior says, "Hold on to Me."

              Should I still choose to to turn from the bridge and let go,
              I would lose by default, giving in to my foe,

              a foolishness born of discouragement's seed,
              of forgetting the victory Christ's blood guaranteed.

              For Eternity's spotlight o'er Golgotha's ridge
              highlights Calvary's Carpenter's blood-carven bridge,

              one-and-only true access to God's strength to cope.
              Why, then, quit?  My soul knows He's its sole source of hope.

              So long as my heart trusts the truth of His might,
              I've no reason to falter for fear of the fight.

              And as long as His hand heals the hurts I sustain,
              I've no reason to panic at pressure and pain.

              So, as far as the quitting before battles' done...
              don't even dare think it - God's already won!

           *************************************************************Becky Rhon

Your "fights" may differ from our (which are mainly health and ministry issues), but you, too can have HOPE when you hold His hand!



No comments:

Post a Comment