Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Weird insurances, like...against virgin birth??

You can take your pick of insurance plans for so many things.  How about insuring against attacks by zombies, vampires, or ghosts?  Better yet, insure yourself against alien abduction!  The first company to offer this pays out the enormous amount of $1 - (that's one dollar) - a year,  either until you die or for a million years...whichever comes first.  (After all, who knows how long one can live with alien technology?) 

But the weirdest one I've read about is insurance against virgin birth...(an "immaculate conception"...like Mary's  2000 years ago).  Three sisters in Europe (presumably virgins)  have taken this policy out, in case one of them is chosen to give birth to the Messiah at His Second Coming.  After all, it would take a lot of money to rear Jesus!

They're pretty mixed up, aren't they? Jesus' birth so long ago was a piece of history that will never be repeated. What makes these sisters believe that when Jesus comes again, He's once more going to be born to a virgin? As most of us know, that's not even close to what the Bible tells us!

"At that time...they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.  And He will send his angels with a loud trumpet call..."  (Matthew 24:30,31)

At Jesus' ascension, angels told the disciples, "This Jesus, who has been taken from you into Heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen Him go into Heaven."  (Acts 1:11)  NOT "the same way He came the first time"!
                                       *********************************

How blessed we are to have that heavenly hope, that feeling of amazing anticipation, the eternal excitement of knowing that Jesus our Messiah will return!  (If you don't feel that way about it...something's wrong!)  Many years ago, in Australia, I actually asked Jesus to wait a while before coming back!  I was pregnant with my first child, and I wanted to know what it was like to be a mother before He returned.  Then I had a dream that changed my whole outlook.  It was incredible, awesome!  (Do you want to know what it was like? I wrote about it in another post.  Here's the link: A dream of Jesus' return
                                ***************************************
Having insurance (health, life, auto, etc.) can be a smart thing, assuring us of  help to cope with whatever comes our way.  How about in our souls and spirit?  There we have the assurance of our Father's love and strength to help us cope "with whatever comes our way".

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and I will help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  (Isaiah 41:10)
                                 ***************************************

Paul said, "I know Whom I have believed and am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day."  (II Timothy 1:12)

Until Jesus comes again, we can say with Job, "As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last He will take his stand upon the earth."  (19:25) 





No comments:

Post a Comment