Thursday, November 3, 2016

"Broken I was born..." A Poem


Are you feeling "broken"?   Have you tried and tried to fix yourself, without much success?

Have you forgotten that there's Someone who understands every emotion that's swirling around inside you?

To our brokenness, pain, trials, confusion...did He not say  "Peace, peace to those far and near...And I will heal them.'" ? (Isaiah 57:19)

Share this poem with me.  You may find in it echoes of your struggles...and reminders of our Hope.


                                         
                Broken I Was Born
     
       I wanted to feel whole,
       instead of cracked and marred;
       feel smooth and clean and clear,
       instead of scratched and scarred.

                 I glued, I patched, I spliced
                 to keep the pieces braced,
                 I tried to shore them up,
                 and hoped they'd stay in place.

                           But everything I did
                           turned out to be in vain.
                           Broken I was born,
                           and broken I remained.

                                     New cracks and dents appeared,
                                     so I still strove and strained...
                                     but broken I was born...
                                     still broken I remained.

                                                            *******
                                             Then You were by my side!
                                              I turned to see your Face,
                                              and felt your healing warmth
                                              melt me in your embrace.

                                               It poured into my soul,
                                               finding each damaged place.
                                              Thus mends your Mercy, Lord;
                                               thus flows amazing Grace!

                                               And now I look toward Heaven!
                                               I'll be made new...and then,
                                               perfected, safe beside You,
                                               I'll never break again!
                                                                                                            -Becky Rhon
                              *************************************************

Who better to make us whole than the One who knows we were born broken, lived with our brokenness, and died to bring us eternal peace?

"A man of suffering, and familiar with pain...Surely He took up our pain and bore our suffering...He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on Him, and by his wounds we are healed."  (Isaiah 53:3-5)

                              *******************************************************

                                                What overwhelming Love!
                                                What unsurpassed Hope!


                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment