Thursday, December 15, 2016

A 45-year-old gift comes home. (Part 2)

If you haven't read the previous post, I suggest you do so now, before reading this one.

After the meeting I told about last time, Germán had help bringing in the Carrot Cake I had brought to share at refreshment time.  I decided to make a change from Banana Bread, and it went over very well.  I was glad I had thought to take copies of the recipe!  It's amusing to be sharing recipes with the Tsáchila - both men and women.  It's such fun!   
                                  **************************************

HCJB  (the mission we used to work with) has for many years given away pre-tuned radios, especially to people in the remoter areas of the country.  Germán took down a box full of them to give to the Tsáchila.  There were just enough for each family to receive one.  Here they all hold up their radios for the photo.

See this little cutie?  As I was waiting at the church in our car, this little boy attached himself to me...or rather, to our car!  He had a ball pretending to drive, when he wasn't touching things and asking questions.  Hyper-active doesn't begin to describe him!  I asked him where we were going.  With an infectious grin, he replied, "Home!"
*******************************

Already we are looking forward to out next visit, in February or March.  It's so heart-warming to know that our Tsachi brothers and sisters in Christ will form part of the scene described in Revelation 7:9:

"Before me there was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, every tribe, people and language, standing before the Throne and before the Lamb."
************************************************* 


No comments:

Post a Comment