Thursday, March 29, 2018

"Love Story"...a poem for Good Friday


                                                        Love Story

                       I ran to where they said You'd been taken.
                       When I found You, I froze...stunned and shaken!

                       Jesus, what on earth have they done to You?!
                       All that blood...the thorns...and your feet pierced through!

                       The spikes hold You fast!  Don't You share my fear?
                       "It's not the spikes.  It's Love that holds Me here."

                       You didn't resist?  They lashed and bruised You!
                       "I could save Myself...but then I'd lose you.

                       "Your eternal soul's a gem I cherish;
                       so I'd rather die than see you perish."

                       I was overwhelmed!...but what could I do?
                       Sins past - sins-to-be - held me back from You,

                       restrained me with coarse, tightly-knotted ropes
                       that threatened to strangle all of my hopes.

                       But the very moment your life-breath ceased,
                       those ropes frayed...and snapped!...I was free and at peace.

                       Your death gave me life, and my heart is full,
                       for Grace kissed my spirit, and Hope kissed my soul.

                       I treasure what your dying words to me hold:
                       the greatest Love Story that ever was told!
                                        
                                          *********************                                    --Becky Rhon




No comments:

Post a Comment