Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Ka-choo-sie........HAPPY NEW YEAR!!



God bless you all as we start 2014!

What a blessing for our family to be all together, a treat we hadn't had for two years!  And we don't know if next Christmas Steve and Debbie will be here or back in the Middle East.  But we thank God for the chance to enjoy each other, and for the cousins to re-connect.  (Miriam and Liliana are Dan and KC's children's {Noe, Micah and Eli } only cousins.) We treasure time spent with our 5 beautiful grandchildren, and our kids.

Steve and Debbie and their girls left for Indiana yesterday, and we leave tomorrow for Ecuador, on the first day of  the new year. We'll sort of "hit the ground running", as Germán is going to officiate at a wedding 2 days after we arrive! Once we get settled in, I'll continue our "saga", and let you glimpse more of our Journey.

During these two weeks of laughter, love and learning, I have thought about those who don't have anyone to laugh, love, and learn with...or are too far away to do so. If you know people who are starting out the new year without the gift of the JOY of having celebrated with their family and friends, will you be their friend and family in 2014?  Be a blessing!!
                                          *************************************
                

P.S. Actually, I was the only one of us 11 who did NOT go in the "ka-choo-sie" as our 3-year-old grandson Eli calls the hot tub.  Personally, the extremely hot water of the jacuzzi makes me feel like I'm going to faint. I don't know if the around-freezing temperature of the air would have made a difference, but a boiled body and a frost-bitten face didn't appeal to me!

P.P.S.  I was going to add a picture of our family, but a minor emergency came up, and it wasn't sent to my computer on time.  But I'll send it either as soon as I get it, or in the next post...I hope...I'm still learning how! Look for it!













No comments:

Post a Comment