Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Lizard tails for dinner! ... but here's an even better idea, in this poem.


One evening Debbie had a friend over for dinner.  I had prepared a dish in which the beef is pulled apart in little threads.  The friend saw the little strips as I set the dish on the table.  "What's that?" she asked.  I answered the first thing that came to my mind.  "It's lizard tails."  She got a little somber but, with good manners, ate all of her portion.
                                                                                        

Later, Debbie came to me and said, "Mom, she asked me 'Was that really lizard tails?'" She didn't know if I was being serious, wasn't sure whether to believe me or not!...I mean...lizard tails??!!   (I wonder if she remembers, after all these years?)

                  
                      ****************************************************************

Thank God, we don't have to doubt what He offers us, do we? We don't have to wonder if He's being serious, or if we should believe Him. We can be confident of the nourishment He supplies for our souls and spirits.  His Word contains all we need, shows us the Bread of Life and Living Water.  (No spiritual "lizard tails"!)  If it's in the Bible, it's serious and we can believe it! God is generous with His gifts for our growth and development.  But we have to reach out and take them!  
                                                  

                                 Letter to My Beloved Sheep                               
               
                 Dear __________,

                 Why is it that you go hungry
                 when I spread the finest fare?
                 Or you struggle, sad and weakened,
                 when My Food gives strength to spare?
    
                 Why will you forget, sometimes,
                 that you're My sheep?  Your Shepherd knows
                 why His Rod and Staff are blooded;
                 Rod and Staff are friends, not foes!                                              


                 For I would lead my sheep to pastures
                 that enrich the soul anew;
                 I would bring you, thirsty lamb,
                 to crystal streams drawn just for you.

                 Let Me help you to remember
                 where My Feast can best be had.
                 Look, dear sheep, (oft undiscerning):
                 seek Me, find Me and be glad!                      



                                                Yes!
     Come and dine! And be replenished.
     Come and dine...and be restored.
     Come remember Me, rejoicing
     at My Table.

     Signed, Your Lord          
                                

            **************************************************Becky Rhon****************

"'It is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven.  For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.'... Then Jesus declared, 'I am the bread of life.  He who comes to Me will never go hungry, and he who believes in Me will never be thirsty.'"  (John 6:33,35)

"'So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For whoever asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." (Luke 11:9,10)

 Amazing, comforting, challenging words!!  Let's keep them close to our hearts.  See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment