Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Let ME come along, Singer!

Listen! 

                                                                    Singer, Teach Me the Song


The World's day begins with the harsh chords of sin,
 its disharmony jarring the land.
 Then into the crowd flows the sound, clear and loud,
  of a Music unknown yet to Man.

              Across human time, perfect rhythm and rhyme
              grace the Love Song that always has been.
              The Singer walks on, never ending his Song,
              ever willing all men to join in.

Let me come along.  Singer, teach me the Song
that You sang to make Earth come to life;
the deep melody that You sang as You freed
us from death, when You laid down to die.
                                      


                        Let me come along!  Singer, teach me the Song
                        that You sang to turn darkness to light.
                        I'll sing your Song or die.  Every other's a lie
                        that will soon fade away in the night.

                        Let me come along, Singer! Teach me your Song.
                        Let me sing with You always, sing with You always;
                        I'll sing your Song all of my life!
                                                                                   (song lyrics by Becky Rhon)
              *********************************************************************

Our singing to God should be a reflection of his Song, an echo of the divine Music that spills out in splendor from his Heart, creating...bringing together...wooing...letting us see Him.  He sings his Life and Love to us, and in response, our hearts sing back...

"He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God."  (Psalm 40:3)

Then...as WE join his Song,  others may listen, too...and soon each soul can become one of the voices that...

"Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion, for great is the Holy One of Israel among you."  (Isaiah 12:6)
             ************************************************************************
There's something awesome about this next verse... 

"I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live."  (Psalm 104:33)

...because "all my life" and "as long as I live" will go on forever!   
            **************************************************************************

Listen!  Do you hear the Music?





No comments:

Post a Comment