Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Even if the sky is falling.... (In Spanish OR English!)

                

(If you don't speak Spanish...don't worry!  Just scroll down till you get to the part in English.)

Los estadounidenses están listos para celebrar el Día de Acción de Gracias, recordando las cosas por las cuales estamos agradecidos y cantando las bondades de nuestro Dios.

En la Biblia se nos insta muchas veces a cantar al Señor...pero cómo hacer cuando nos parece que el cielo se nos cae encima, y sentimos que la música del corazón se ha desvanecido?


                                                                  ALMA QUEBRANTADA

Yo vine a Ti con la copa vacía... no la podía llenar.
No sabía ni de qué, ni de quién dependía;
no tenía de qué cantar.
Y vine a Ti con ilusiones destruidas;
¡quien no sueña... no puede vivir!
 Me recogiste en la palma de tu fuerte Mano,
 y te oí decir:


                        --El corazón quebrantado danzará de gozo ante su Señor,
                        porque al corazón quebrantado abriré los misterios de mi Amor.
                        Y al alma quebrantada ungiré con el bálsamo del perdón.
                        ¡Al alma quebrantada le haré cantar una nueva canción!--

                                       Yo vine a Ti con las alas heridas...no podía volar.
                                       Y vine a Ti con sonrisa fingida,
                                       mas no podía dejar de llorar.
                                       Y vine a Ti con la esperanza perdida;
                                       ¡quien no sueña...no puede vivir!
                                       Me recogiste en la palma de tu fuerte Mano,
                                       y te oí decir:                                          


--El corazón quebrantado danzará de gozo ante su Señor,
porque al corazón quebrantado abriré los misterios de mi Amor.
Y al alma quebrantada ungiré con el bálsamo del perdón.
¡Al alma quebrantada le haré cantar una nueva canción!--
                                                                              ( canción por Becky de Rhon)
          ********************************************

 ¡Gracias a Dios por ese Amor tan inmenso que, en lugar de regañarnos por nuestras debilidades y momentos de desánimo, nos recoge en sus brazos, y nos arrulla con su cariñosa voz, tranquilizándonos y devolviéndonos la Música del alma y el sueño del corazón!  Y esta es una de las cosas más maravillosas por las cuales podemos ofrecerle a Dios nuestra gratitud en este Día de Acción de Gracias.

         *********************************************************************
       
I have been putting posts from my blog on Facebook (German-Becky Rhon), and since we have Spanish-speaking family and friends, I wanted to post one with something in that language for them.

Here's a loose translation for the lyrics to this song, entitled "Broken Heart" (or literally, "broken soul").

            I came to You with an empty cup that I couldn't fill.
            I didn't know what or who I could depend on;
            I had nothing to sing about.
            I came to You with my aspirations in tatters...
            one cannot live without a dream!
            You gathered me into the palm of your Hand
            and I heard You say:

            "The broken heart will dance before its Lord,
            for I will open to it the mysteries of my Love.
            And I'll anoint the broken soul with the balm of my forgiveness.
            I will make the broken soul sing a new Song!"

            I came to You with wounded wings, unable to fly.
            I came to You with a pretended smile...
            yet I couldn't stop weeping.
            I came to You with hopes that had vanished...
            one cannot live without a dream!
            You gathered me into the palm of your Hand
            and I heard You say:

           "The broken heart will dance before its Lord,
           for I will open to it the mysteries of my Love
           And I'll anoint the broken soul with the balm of my forgiveness.
           I will make the broken soul sing a new Song!"
                       *********************

Isn't it awesome that even when it seems like the sky is falling, our heart has nothing to sing about, and nothing's going right, God will draw us into his arms and soothe us, bringing back the Music of the soul and the dreams of the heart? This is one of the most awesome things we have for which to be grateful to God!

                                       

                                         HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL!


      

No comments:

Post a Comment