Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Sometimes, it's really hard to go on...

...like now, when I've been "under the weather" for several weeks, still not feeling all that well, and  behind in SO many things, and wondering if anyone really understands, with my brain whirling around, trying to figure out how to keep half-way stable...


You've never felt like that, have you?  Oh, you have? Or you're feeling like that right now? Well, let's try to cheer each other up with the words to this song.  Our Lord invites us to give Him ours (love and life) as the best way to open ourselves to receive His.  And so we find PEACE...  
                                                                                              

                       Give Me Your Love
 
Give Me your love, and I'll fill you with mine,
til its soul-piercing heat melts your fears and your pride;
til my Peace marks your pathway before and behind.
Oh, give Me your love, Child,
and I'll fill you with mine.

Give Me your thoughts, and I'll fill you with mine,
til your words and your dreams with Eternity rhyme;
til they burn on your lips like the taste of New Wine.
Oh, give Me your thoughts, Child,
and I'll fill you with mine.

              Give Me your eyes; and now come, look through mine,
              til the way that I see things is etched on your mind;
              til your faith and your hope cross the boundaries of Time.
              Oh, give Me your eyes, Child,
              and then come, look through mine.

                       Give Me your life, and I'll fill you with mine,
                       til your soul drinks the essence of goodness divine;
                       til my Joy makes you strong, and my Light makes you shine.
                       Oh, give Me your life, Child,
                       and I'll fill you with mine!
 
                     *******************************************   (Becky Rhon)                                                                               


It helps to remember that peace is NOT the absence of pain and problems, but rather the confidence and trust we have as we go through the pain and problems, knowing that we rest in Arms of Strength... Arms of Love... Arms of Life... Arms of Joy.


                                                 Rest in His Arms this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment