Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Where did THIS birthday come from?!

Someone once said that having birthdays is really good for your health...after all, the more birthdays you have, the longer you live!

Two days ago I turned 61.  (Doesn't feel any different from 60!)  In the midst of the e-mails, Skype-ings, Facebook greetings, etc...from husband, children, grandchildren, siblings, friends...it seems to me that there's Someone else who deserves recognition, because this birthday is a gift from Him. My whole life is a gift from Him!  I can't imagine it without Him...it would be impossible.  So can I give Him something back?  He gives...He should also receive.


                       GIVER

Giver of peace far beyond human scope,
Grace-wrought and studded with gemstones of hope.

Giver of healing when my spirit bleeds,
of joy dancing gently as sorrow recedes.

Giver of Light when I fear being blind
and I crave just a glimpse of your infinite Mind.

Giver of love who will never back down,
your passion pursuing me til I am found.

Giver of son-ship that makes me your own,
and with it the freedom to come to your Throne.

Giver of Truth as I search out your Ways,
now be the Receiver of all of my praise!
                                                                        -Becky Rhon
********************************************

"For You make me glad by your deeds, O Lord; I sing for joy at the works of your hands.  How great are your works, O Lord, how profound your thoughts!"  (Psalm 92:4,5)

"To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever."  (Revelation 5:13)


Let us continue to learn to be so aware, so conscious of all we have to be grateful for, all that He does, all that He gives, and, most importantly, all that He IS, that we can truly say:







No comments:

Post a Comment