Wednesday, March 25, 2015

She dreamt...she saw...HE conquered!

There was a lady in our church some years ago, who, although she wasn't a believer yet, came fairly regularly with her small grandson, the only family she had.  She had never seen me, because I could only go once-in-a-while, and we had never coincided.

Then one Sunday we DID coincide.  Though I didn't know her personally, I saw her respond when Germán gave an altar call towards the end of the service.  She went forward and gave herself to Jesus.  Afterwards, she came to me and told me this lovely, true account of what had led up to this decision.  I have never forgotten it.

The night before, she had had a dream.  In the dream she saw me, although she had never met me or seen a photograph of me and she somehow knew I was the pastor's wife.  In her dream I was wearing a certain outfit...which she had never seen before (obviously, since she'd never seen me!).  Then she was standing beside a shallow, muddy pond, wanting to get to the other side, but not being able to because she could see no bridge or stepping stones on which to cross it.

In the dream, I told her I would help her, showed her where to step...and together we made it to the other side.  Then she woke up.

A few hours later, she was sitting in church and saw me walk in...the first time we coincided and got to church the same day!  She was surprised to see that I was wearing the exact same outfit she had seen me wearing in her dream!  (Remember, she had never seen me or any of my clothes before.)

It impacted her so much that, recalling the rest of her dream, she made the decision to take hold of the hands that could help her, showing her the Bridge over which she could cross to the other side of the "muddy pond" that separated her from God.  She walked over...and became His daughter.
                            ***************************************

God calls different people different ways.  I may have figured in the dream, but I had nothing to do with what happened...it was all HIM!!  And that's how it should be.

God may use us...or not...as He works in other people's lives, directly or (as in this dream) indirectly.  Let's just remember that when someone comes to His Son, it is not WE who deserve the credit.  It is HE who conquers!
                          *****************************************

Have a great week!   


No comments:

Post a Comment