Tuesday, July 19, 2016

A New Poem...about a Friend, closer than...a husband...or a sister!

I don't have that many friends, but I have the blessing of living with my best (earthly) friend - my husband Germán.  He's on my left. On my right is another friend...my sister Carol, visiting us from the U.S.  We had a lot of fun!
           ******************



But I'd like to direct your thoughts to "a Friend who sticks closer than a brother". (Proverbs 18:24)

Having Him as my very Best Friend...what would it be like?  Let your heart's imagination soar with mine!

                                      It Could Be All That?

                 Friends I have few, so it's often "just me",
                 but...what if You knocked at my door, Lord?  "Here's how it could be...

                 "weaving our words, in-and-out, back and forth,
                 or sitting in silence when mere words fall short;

                 "smiling, remembering the things that we've done,
                 laughing with you at a joke or a pun;

                 "or holding you close when you need an embrace,
                 when fear makes you seek Me as your hiding place;

                 "sharing the shadows that try to creep in,
                 soothing your sadness, forgiving your sin;

                 "letting you cry when you don't understand,
                 then drying your tears with the warmth of my hand;

                 "singing with you...an impromptu duet!
                 teaching you love songs you'll never forget;
  
                                "then breaking the boundaries of time and of space
                                 to blaze you a glorious trail of pure Grace;

                                "and walking with you so you're never alone,
                                 we'd follow that trail till we're all the way Home!"

          Wow!  All that with our friendship?  All that could come true?
          Oh, Lord...how to ensure I'm best-friended by You?

                            "You have only to ask!  and then open the door,
                            for I can do, and will do, all that...and much more!"
     
                           *****************************************************Becky Rhon

It seems incredible that He is willing to put so much effort into building an eternal relationship with us! We don't even begin to deserve so much attention from such a perfect, awesome Person...yet He longs for our companionship!

                                     Let's "open the door" - and keep it open -
                               and we will see for ourselves what it means 
                                        to have Him as our Best Friend!
                               
                                          ************************************



No comments:

Post a Comment