Thursday, July 7, 2016

Beyond "Ashes and Indians" (Part Five {Part Last})...wrapping it up


Although you can't see it in the picture, there is a crack that runs down one wall, across the floor, and up the opposite wall of the church, from the big earthquake in April.  But that was only the physical church, and didn't dampen anyone's spirit.
            *******************

You've read about our precious time with the Tsáchila in Cóngoma in the last four posts.  After my talk, my brother Paul's letter and my sister Carol's slide show, my husband Germán closed the program with a prayer.  Although he himself didn't grow up around the People, he's been married to me for almost 43 years, so something has rubbed off on him!  As usual, he provided moral support for me...a great help!

After we finished, once the banana bread had been devoured (see prior post, if necessary) and everything was being gathered up, we went around the room saying goodbye to people individually.  My friend Carán took my face between her two hands, looked straight into my eyes, and told me I HAD to return. I would, I told her.  I will.  (If you don't remember who she is,  see Ashes and Indians, part 3.)
                                                *******************************

Returning. Yes, I'll return to this unique part of the core of my childhood.  For almost 60 years, I've carried a little piece of Cóngoma (and all it meant and means) inside me.  Lately I've pulled some of that out of its cozy nesting place, to again see and hear people and things that connect us to each other.

One day we, along with Tsachi believers,  will be "returning"...to the Beginning.  We started out in innocence, not having had a chance to sin yet.  When we finally reach Heaven, we will once again be guilt-free and have no desire to sin. We'll be happier than we can ever imagine now! Like this:

"The ransomed of the Lord will return.  They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away."  (Isaiah 51:11)
                                                  **********************************

We're assured that the Tsachi Christians will, indeed, be part of the great assembly mentioned in Revelation 7:9:

"After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people, and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb."


                        Until then...I'll still carry a little piece of Cóngoma in my heart.
                                           




1 comment: