Friday, September 22, 2017

44 years ago...the final of three! And the beginning...

A gift from my husband's heart:

"Happy Anniversary to my wonderful, loving wife of 44 years.  It's been a great journey of ups and downs, in which God has blessed us and always been faithful, and filled our lives with a beautiful family."
            ***************

This photo captures the stirring moments when Germán's niece Alma (one of my bridesmaids) recited a compilation of Bible verses about love (put together by my mom). Alma's delivery of the poetical words was inspiring and arresting, to such a point that my grandparents Moore, who had flown down for the wedding, had tears in their eyes...and they didn't understand Spanish!
                                         Thank you once more, Almita!

In the photo above you can see my parents(just barely) to the left; Rosita, the young lady in red, was my "maid of love"  (equivalent to maid of honor); my brother Steve is to the far right; Germán's best man beside him...and the cute little three-year-old was our ring-bearer Leslie, one of Germán's nephews.  (My sister Carol was my other attendant.)

And in this other photo, you can just barely see the head of little seven-year-old Yuri, another of Germán's nieces.  (He has a LOT of them!), who carried my train. (My dress was made by my mom for HER wedding, 23 years earlier.)
               ************************

Now I'm going to switch to Spanish:

Mi esposo me regaló estas palabras, salidas de su corazón:

--Feliz Aniversario a mi admirable, amorosa esposa por 44 años.  Ha sido un viaje extraordinario de subidas y bajadas, en la que Dios nos ha bendecido siempre, y ha llenado nuestras vidas con una hermosa familia. --
               **********************

Mi mami hizo una compilación de versículos Bíblicos, en forma de poesía, y la sobrina de Germán, Alma (una de mis damas), nos bendijo recitándola con mucha emotividad.  Fíjense que a mis abuelos paternos, que llegaron de los EE.UU. para la boda, se les llenaron los ojos de lágrimas al escucharla...y ni siquiera entendían el español!  Les tocó la manera en que, con tanta inspiración, realizó la recitación.
                                   Nuevamente te agradecemos, Almita!

En la primera foto se puede ver a mis padres, mi hermano Steve, mi dama de amor (Rosita Burbano) y el pequeño adorable (de tres años) fue Leslie - otro sobrino de Germán, que portó los aros.  (Mi otra dama fue mi hermana Carola.)

En la segunda foto, también se puede divisar - apenas! - la carita de Yuri (otra sobrina!), que llevó la cola de mi vestido.  (Que fue hecho por mi madre para SU boda 23 años antes!)
                                    ***************************************

                               And so we arrived at the end of the ceremonies...
                                           and the beginning of our journey!

                                               Happy Anniversary, my love!
                                             *****************************************

                                                Thank You, Father, for these 44 years.


No comments:

Post a Comment