Thursday, May 22, 2014

She's Home! (My mother is dying...Part 3)

This afternoon, my mother finished her dying and began truly living, slipping peacefully into the glorious kingdom of Heaven.  She kept us guessing to the end!  She had ups and downs, rallies and declines.  When they figured she would pass away within about 3 to 9 hours, my younger brother decided to go get a much-needed nap.  An hour later, she left.  So only my sister and older brother were with her at the moment of her release.  We were called as soon as they thought she had a few hours left, but even if we had started out immediately, we wouldn't have reached her in time to be there, too.   So we will wait until tomorrow to drive the 1 1/2-hours to Winona Lake.  We had wondered if we would have to make yet another extension of our tickets, and I was counting my different medications to see if I had enough to last a few more days.  But now our wondering is over, and our celebration can begin because we know where she is, and that she is truly happy, together once again with my father, and - best of all - with her Savior.

Tomorrow afternoon we will have the viewing, and the funeral will be Saturday afternoon.  We know it doesn't give people much time, and not everyone who would like to will be able to come, but it was the only way to work it in before we leave for Ecuador once again. Next month, there will be another celebration of her life, when all the family members who can will meet at a park for a picnic and a time of sharing stories and comments about her.

I am writing out what I want to say at the funeral (I couldn't speak without crying, so someone will read it for me), and also a poem...which I will include in the next post.  Until then, please keep praying for us.  Thank you so much for your support and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment