Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Angel Mail Carrier?

                                                                                                                                      

The four of us were sitting in the living room watching a movie, something we enjoyed doing as a family.  I think it was "Titanic".  We had been comfortably ensconced in front of the TV for a while, when...suddenly I started to cry!

No, it wasn't the movie; we hadn't reached the sad part yet! It was as if something inside of me broke through and tried to get my attention by triggering my tears.  I think it was more likely Someone.  I had no idea why I was crying; hadn't the foggiest notion!  But I felt such an intense need to pray for my sister that I cried out, "Stop the movie!"

"We have to pray for Carol!" After I explained to the rest, we prayed together. Then the "storm" abated, calm descended once again, and we finished the movie with no further interruptions.  But I decided that I would write to my sister later and ask her what had happened at that specific time.

 I wrote her a letter that evening, and Germán mailed it the next day.  This was before the speed of communicating on the internet!  It was going through the normal international mail, which would take from a week to ten days. I calculated how long it would take to get my sister's answer: at least a week before she got my letter, a couple of days for her to write me back, and then at least another week for hers to arrive here. So about two-and-a-half weeks...that was the minimum time within which I could expect her letter.

Imagine our surprise when we got her answer...only a week-and-a-bit later!  WAY before it was logical to expect it.  How had that happened?  I couldn't explain it, except to wonder if maybe an angel had plucked the letters out from the regular mail and deposited them in our mail boxes, so that we would get them right away!                                                                                                             

It turned out that, right about the time I had "mysteriously" started crying and we had prayed for her, my sister and her boys had been in physical danger (from another person). The danger passed, but for that moment, she had definitely needed God's protection!
       **********************************************

Isaiah is one of my favorite books of the Bible.  In chapter 41, it says:  "For I am the Lord your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."  (vs. 13)
 
  ********************************************************************************************

Have you ever had an experience like this...a prompting to pray for someone urgently?  If so, I'd love to hear about it.

God bless you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment