Wednesday, July 2, 2014

"Touch the Hem"...a song of hope, for inner wholeness

                              Touch the Hem
                                                                                                             

         If I could only reach out and touch the hem,
         reach out and touch the hem of Jesus' robe;
         if I could only reach out and touch Him,
         I know that His power would heal my soul.

                 I feel like the woman in the crowd,
                 pushing to see which way to go,
                 knowing that even if Jesus never looked her way,
                 still His great virtue could flow down,
                 tapping the lifeline of His power;
                 so, keeping her eyes on Him, repeatedly she'd say,


                                  If I could only reach out and touch the hem,
                                  reach out and touch the hem of Jesus' robe;
                                  if I could only reach out and touch Him,
                                  I know that His power would heal my soul...                 
                                                                                                                                    

                         breaking the fetters of my fear,
                        draining the poison of my pride,
changing my muddled moods to vision clean and clear;

        

bruises from times I've fallen hard,
scars from the breaking of my heart,
and all of my bleeding battle wounds would feel His tears.
                                                

                   And all of the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle of my life               
                   would start to fall into place;
    and all of the dreams that drove me from reality
    would fade when I saw His face.

And all of my poems' unfinished verse,
with lines that never rhymed,
He'd change into a tribute to His glory.
And all of my songs that lost their chords,
and ended out of tune,
He'd use to write an "ode to joy".
                                                                                       

I can do more than reach out and touch the hem,
more than just touch the hem of Jesus' robe.
I can come freely, reach out and run to Him,
and know that His love and power will heal my soul.

I'll live with His love and power inside my soul!

   ************** (song lyrics by Becky Rhon)*************


Unlike the woman in the crowd, we don't have to push and shove to try to get to Jesus.  He's waiting for each of us with open arms!  I wrote this song 24 years ago, but its words still bring comfort.  I hope they do for you, too. 

*********************************************************************************************


No comments:

Post a Comment