Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Beyond "Ashes and Indians" (Part II)...I almost didn't...

I don't know why we even tried to be on time with the People.  They don't let Time order them around! We quickly decided to just "go with the flow" and let them arrange the agenda.

So we spent the couple of hours before the event talking with the pastor (Primitivo),  He updated us and we talked and had a great time!
                                 **********
This picture is from the end of my part in the program. (Don't worry, I'll come back to the beginning!)  I asked Primitivo to read a Bible passage in their language.  I had chosen it because of what it meant to me as we prepared for this new adventure.

Just before we left Quito on Saturday, these verses jumped out at me and gave me hope.

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!  Amen.  (Ephesians 3:20,21)

                     ***************************************************
I tried to see who I could recognize, and one quite elderly lady caught my eye.  Who was she?  I figured I could ask later.

When our part of the evening came, I started out explaining pretty much what I wrote in the first post of this series.  (Please scroll down to it, if you haven't read it.)  They are loved and remembered.  I told a couple of stories...then started one which I hadn't been sure I should include.  I almost didn't.  I thought they might remember this particular Tsachi, but maybe sort of remotely.  (Not that I can remember all their family-ramifications!)  His name was Kostó (kosh-TO; the "o's" both rhyme with the one in "old").

My husband and I lived in Australia when I had the dream. There was a huge upright cross on a lawn, and a magazine's staff wanted to take a picture of it with representatives of a variety of ethnicities.  Kostó placed himself right beside the cross.  The staff moved him to another position.  He returned to the side of the cross.  They moved him again, but he kept insisting that he belonged next to the Cross!

I wrote my parents about the dream, and...guess what!  Right at that time, they had been wondering whether or not Kostó was truly a believer. My dream confirmed for my parents that Kostó had, indeed, decided to follow Christ.
                        ****************************************************

As we were getting ready to leave that evening, my sister gave me surprising - but encouraging -  news:  Primitivo told her that the elderly lady I had been wondering about was actually Kostó's widow! Not only that, but  Primitivo's wife was Kostó's daughter! So several people there were directly related to him...and I had wondered if the story would be of interest! I pray that it will have a special meaning for them, and add a smile to their hearts.
                                          *************************************

In the next post I'll tell you more about the rest of the program, and the time we had with these dear people...moving and special for us...and for them.

                           I'd like you to see how the verse in Ephesians proved true :
                              He did much more than we could ask or imagine!


                      




1 comment:

  1. Good post, Becky. Thanks! Since we couldn't be there, I've appreciated your accounts and Carol's all the more.

    So we probably saw Serere as a child; she's probably in some of Mom and Dad's old pictures.

    ReplyDelete