Thursday, June 16, 2016

I like MY superman a lot better!

First off, let me make it clear that my ultimate defender and Protector is God.  There's no doubt about it.  He tells me this in one of my favorite passages:

"'Because he loves Me', says the Lord, 'I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my Name.  He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.'"  (Psalm 91:14,15)


However, God often works through others to love us, rescue us, protect us and be with us in trouble.

As most of you know, my health is not very good, and I am limited in many areas.

One of the ways that God defends and protects me is through the care my husband gives me.  Germán knows my limitations, and I think he lives these verses:

"Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."  (Galatians 6:2)

"Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives..."  (I Peter 3:7)

"And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased."  (Hebrews 13:16)

I'm sure that there are times when what Germán does for me IS a sacrifice!  But he keeps right on helping me around the house; driving me to go shopping; bringing me tea and toast when I feel too bad in the morning to get up right away; staying home sometimes when he thinks I might need him,even if he'd planned on going out; defending me; taking me for our weekly walk in the woods even when he doesn't feel very well...etc., etc.  It can't be easy for him to consistently look after my well-being.  But he doesn't complain.
                                 ***************************************

The psalmist said:

"Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in You."  (5:11)

"May the Lord answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you."  (20:1)

I want to publicly thank God, my Defender and Protector, for the husband He put into my life, through whom He can spread his protection over me, and through whom He can tend to me in my distress.

                                              And thank you, Germán!  I love you.
                                                          **********************

                


No comments:

Post a Comment