Tuesday, September 13, 2016

"This Trail That's Before Me"...a poem to encourage

Shaken up...challenged...scared...We sometimes feels like "the trail before us" is overwhelming.  How will we ever make it all the way through to the "better times" that are supposed to appear eventually?

When your way looms difficult ... daunting ... intimidating, talk to God about it. Take to heart what He says...in this poem...*




                                         This Trail That's Before Me

                        This trail that's before me - it's so narrow...untried!
                        Don't worry!  There's room there for two side-by-side.

                        No guardrails protect where there's steep, rocky ledge.
                        So I'll always walk between you and the edge.

                        But what if I stumble, and can't see at all?
                        I'll pull you back up if you trip or you fall.

                       Don't fear what's before you, though shadows grow deep;
                       for, watered by tears, great joys wait to be reaped!
                         
                               ******************************************   (Becky Rhon)

...and in His Word:

"Along unfamiliar paths I will guide them.  I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth."  (Isaiah 42:16)

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for You are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."  (Psalm 23:4)

"The Lord upholds all those who fall and lifts up all those who are bowed down."  (Psalm 145:14)

"It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."  (II Samuel 22:33)

"'I will strengthen them in the Lord, and in his Name they will walk', declares the Lord."  (Zechariah 10:12)
                               ********************************************

May every one of you who is facing a difficult time be encouraged by remembering that God offers His children:
                                "The oil of gladness instead of mourning...
                          the mantle of praise instead of a spirit of fainting."   (Isaiah 61:13)

                                               *********************

* (His words in italics.)

1 comment: