Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Face-to-face? Yes!!


We just celebrated the most amazing, incredible Event: The resurrection of our Lord! Why did He go through all that unimaginable pain - physical, emotional and spiritual - when WE were the ones who deserved it?  Simply because His love for us is so immense that He wants every single person to have the chance to meet Him face-to-face...and there was no way that could happen.  Unless...the entry fee to His Holy Place was paid.  Impossible!  Unless...you happen to be without sin.  Only one Person ever qualified.                    He was perfect.                         


    So...                  

                                    Who Can Ever See You?   

                           Who can ever see You face-to-face?
                           Who can ever enter your Holy Place?
                           Drawn into the whirlpool of futile lies,
                           from his dizzy, desperate dream the sinner cries,

     "Who can ever see You face-to-face?
      Who can ever enter your Holy Place?
      Can I ever step beyond the Veil that hides?
      All my efforts leave me lost.  How hard I've tried!

                "I hear:  Do this; no, don't do that.
                 Stand over there. Recite this prayer.
                 Read this; learn that. Obey the rules to save your soul.
                 Don't touch; don't eat. Wash hands; wash feet.
                 Sit here; go there.  (Bring what? Look where?)
                 I can't keep up with all that I've been told.

                            "God Almighty,
                           will I ever see You face-to-face?
                           Will I ever enter your Holy Place?"
                                      **********

"How I long to meet you face-to-face
 and have you come with freedom 
               to  my Holy Place!
 I have sent my Son to tear the Veil in two.
 He will be the living Bridge between Me and you.

 But take your heart and look inside.
 For all your pious, pointless pride
 My Son, the Sacrificial Lamb, is crucified.
 He'll take your guilt upon His head,
 His blood an offering in your stead.
 Come, choose to live my gift of Life!

         "Then you'll come to see Me face-to-face!
          Then you'll come to meet my Son, and share His grace.
          Then you'll come to see Me face-to-to-face!
          Then we'll meet inside your heart - my Holy Place."

**************************************************** (lyrics of song by Becky Rhon)*****

"Therefore, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, His body...let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith..." (Hebrews 10:19-21)

"We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.  It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where Jesus, who went before us, has entered on our behalf."  (Hebrews 9:19-29)

**********************************************************************
This Hope is a GIFT.  He opened the Door for us.  All we have to do is open the door of our life for Him:

"Here I am!  I stand at the door and knock.  If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will go in and eat with him, and he with Me."  (Revelation 3:19-20)

Heart-to-heart.  Friend-to-friend.  FACE-TO-FACE!!





No comments:

Post a Comment