Wednesday, April 22, 2015

When it hurts so much...He loves so much!

My blog posts tend to be up-beat and encouraging, don't they?  But that doesn't mean I don't have times in which I struggle.  This afternoon, right now, trying to think of what to write is almost impossible,, because I hurt SOOO much that I'm on the verge of tears. (My husband asked me where it hurt, and I said, "From the waist on down!") There are different ways for trying to cheer oneself up, and  keep one's mind from the pain.  I'm sure you have yours.  Watch a favorite movie, or listen to favorite music, or eat some favorite food..."these are a few of my favorite things"...

Maybe think about friends?  I have a new one!  I've never met her,  but I'd love to.  I've known she existed for years, but never knew much about her.  I've come to "know" her a little through her daughter-in-law recently, and it hasn't been long since we became "friends" on Facebook.  She is elderly, pretty much house-bound, but "gets out" through cyber-space! 
Her daughter-in-law loves her and has painted me a sweet portrait of her, as it were.
Lena's daughter-in-law is my sister Carol...and we all share an incomparable Friend!

The words to this song talk of that Friend, One whose compassion for us when we hurt is overwhelming.  Are you hurting?  Join me...and let's let His love wash over us.


                                                   Compelled

                                Can I waken to melodious notes of love,
                                and not feel compelled to watch the Singer's face?
                                Can I tell my joy beats faster as I listen to the Master,
                                and not feel compelled to answer Him in praise?

                                       Lord, I am thrilled with your Love,
                                       I am filled with desire to grow.
                                       I hunger for your holiness.
                                       Jesus, let me live in your Love,
                                       let me live with desire to know
                                       your smile and your touch of gentleness.

                                Can I hear his words of courage in a storm,
                                and not feel compelled to harbor in his Peace?
                                Can I see Him reaching toward me from the blanket of his Glory,
                                and not feel compelled to plead, "Lord, cover me!"?

                                       Lord, cover me with your Love,
                                       cover me with your holy Hand.
                                       I need your strength surrounding my soul.
                                       Jesus, lift me up in your Love,
                                       lift me up so once more I stand,
                                       and wrap me in Yourself forevermore.
                                                                                                        --Becky Rhon
               ******************************************************************************

Yeah, I'm starting to  feel better...are you?  (I think I'll watch my favorite movie anyway!  I've seen it more times than I can count, but it always makes me laugh!)

May you feel His smile and His gentleness and His strength lifting you up!  Have a great week!

                        ***************************************************************






No comments:

Post a Comment